Name: Shanna Lewis
Location: Clarksville, TN
Current Position: Purchasing Clerk
How long have you been with the company? 1 ½ years
What does your typical day involve?
• Receiving requests and creating POs for TN, NY, and OH
• Making sure the correct documentation has been received and the correct processes have been followed
• Working with vendors on pricing and special requests
• Checking inventory of office supplies, making sure everyone has what they need
• Working with accounts payable to correct any mistakes on invoicing
• I always have at least one or two other special projects going on at all times.
What do you like best about your job? I like that I get to work with all of the different departments within the company – I have learned a lot about the printing industry and business in general in just 1 ½ years! I like that I get to be involved in what is going on around here!
How did you get started in this industry? I had just graduated from college in Clarksville and got brought on as the receptionist.
What are your favorite sports or pastimes? I love being outdoors, traveling, hiking and camping. I also enjoy shopping, and I am learning to play tennis.
Do you have a favorite sports team that you root for? I was raised a Tennessee Volunteer fan, GO VOLS!
What would people be surprised to know about you? A lot of people seem surprised when I tell them how old I am – 23 years old.
What is your favorite band, movie, or book? I love Avatar! I can’t wait for the sequel to come out.
What was your favorite holiday/vacation? Last year when I spent the holidays in Brasil.
What’s the best career advice you’ve ever received? Fake it ‘til you make it!